We don’t celebrate Thanksgiving as such, in the UK. Which I think is a shame. It feels right to reflect on your blessings and not take them for granted, as it’s so easy to do. So, here’s my Top 5.
- Family. Not everyone has it. At times they drive you completely mad, but where would you be without them? Definitely poorer of spirit.
- A home. Not everyone has one. Hmm, noticing a theme here.
- A job. More of the same theme?
- Friends. Ones that you can rely on, that have been part of your life for years.
- Health. Ok, I’m over 50 and a bit creakier in places than I used to be, but on the whole I can do anything I choose to. And we can’t all say that.
So, blessings indeed. Whether you officially celebrate Thanksgiving or not, I wish you and yours a happy and safe day.
And for no particular reason other than I love sunsets, here’s an absolute cracker.